Main technical data
The planned works envisage the present train line to be covered with soil, for the stretch between km 0+200 and km 1+441. Between the parcelling plans of Via Trepuzzi and Via Lecce, the covering of the buried tract is expected, with the creation of a gallery of around 599 m, between kilometres 0+575 and 1+174.
The gallery allows the mending of the urban fabric, as the covering of the gallery, made of a reinforced concrete slab, has been dimensioned for traffic loads of first category bridges. The abolishment of the current parcelling plans of Via Trepuzzi, Via S. Stefano and Via Lecce will allow an improvement in the urban traffic flow along the main road arteries. The substantial modification set out when evaluating the by-pass proposal, envisages the utilization of the slab covering the artificial gallery as a road artery in the Novoli city centre, so as to connect the main transit routes (from via Trepuzzi to via Lecce), and to exclude heavy vehicles from the ordinary municipal road network.
Main road structures
- Ramp dug in on the Gagliano side, constructed in part with a curtain of piles 1000 mm in diameter and retaining walls of 160.00 m
- Ramp dug in on the Novoli side, constructed in part with a curtain of piles 1000 mm in diameter and retaining walls of 313.00 m
- Artificial gallery 599.00 m
- 471 piles in reinforced concrete with a diameter of 1000 mm and spanning a length of 7300.00 m
- Total volume of materials 112,641.45 cubic m
- Railway tract (rail tracks) 1,855.00 m
- Road construction 5,900.00 square m
- Works in reinforced concrete 26,400 cubic m